Monday, June 27, 2011

Day 6 : 24th June : Prades to Angeles sur Mer

The sun was shining for this final 70km dash to the Med. We were to stop after 40 clicks at Thuile before getting the group together and doing a steady roll into Angeles.

Lunch stop in Thuile















Fast 40 kph ride to Thuile on lovely smooth flat road. Very enjoyable. Coffee and then the final roll to the Mediterranean.

Can't describe the feelings as I rolled to a halt with the beach and Med stretching before me. 448 miles on my speedo trip computer and 12000 metres of serious climbing. This was a fantastic trip, hard at times but imensely rewarding. Seeing the donations coming in to help Steve made it all the more gratifying.

On way to brain surgery now to have my brain rewired to stop me doing these crazy things !!!!




Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment